Released/Hidden: May 5th, 2019
- the sun yawns into view
Nils Frahm – Sunson
from ‘All Melody’
- everything is beautiful and nothing hurts
XTC – Summer’s Cauldron / Grass
- we fell asleep?! what time is it?
Kurt Vile – Rollin’ With The Flow
from ‘Bottle It In’
- the swale of the afternoon…
Penguin Cafe Orchestra – Air
from ‘Broadcasting From Home’
- …the sudden dip into evening…
Gas – Pop 4
- …then night, with his notorious perfumes.
Mirrorring – Cliffs
from ‘Foreign Body’
- long shadows under the moon
Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti & Dam Funk – Baby
from ‘Mature Themes’
- the brain is soft and warm tonight
Jeff Bridges – Sleep, Dream, Wake Up / Chimes For Dreams
from ‘Sleeping Tapes’
- i’ve got tons of important stuff to do!
The Beach Boys – Vega-Tables
from ‘The SMiLE Sessions’
This is the happiest of all the tapes, and probably the easiest to enjoy. It was also the easiest to make. I normally spend around five to ten weeks on each tape, but this one was nailed down in two. It’s effectively a massive thank you to my friends, without whom I’d either be lost or long gone. The knowledge that people as good as them exist is more wonderful than I can convey here.